7 priceless (and free?!) gifts to help achieve mental peace
We live in a world where we are constantly surrounded by distractions and our attention span is getting shorter. This has led to a rise in mental health issues. There are many things that we can do to improve our mental health and one of them is giving back to the community.
Yet, thoughtless giving doesn't add to your life. The balance of charity is not always an easy thing to find, but it is necessary for us to find it. We need to make sure that we are giving back as much as we take from the world around us, because without balance, there can be no progress.
The seventh principle of Niyama is Dana, or Charity.
“This principle is about controlling selfishness. A person should be aware of giving with their thoughts, words, and actions. According to the universal rule, one who doesn’t give does not gain. This can be seen in every dimension, for example one should breathe in and breathe out.” — Yoga What is it? What is it not? (ebook)
Here are some gifts we can give, you may find that the universe will return it to you in tenfolds when you add in life-changing knowledge.
1) Attention: Be present - these days, people only listen while thinking of what to say next.
2) Time: Be without expectation be thankful of all those who cross your path
3) Acceptance: Accept others and see their individuality, the positives over negatives.
4) Information: Learn about change and how it's beneficial for your life
5) Ourselves: Do not think of ways to be someone else, just be natural.
6) Soft words: While being ourselves, take care to soften any harsh words that may arise.
7) The Original Yoga System: The Art of Yoga in its purest form, free YouTube here
We often take from the world without giving anything in return. This is where the original yoga system comes into play. It teaches us how to give back by doing what we love and sharing it with others who need it as much as we do.